Site Inactive
Suspicious Images

About Usual Suspects
ATTENTION: We have changed guild name and moved to a new website! More info below.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Alluc
Council member

re: New way of raiding

Hello!

In last news post Medevac left some directions for us to follow. I will now explain what "revise tactics", "get your gear in check" and "half-assed" mean :)

Our further raiding will be a bit different than what we did with Nom. Main difference is that Nom would constantly nag us about gear, tactics and attendance, but Medevac and me will not do that. This effort will now be required from YOU. How so? There are three things that you have to pay attention to.

First, fights in hard operations require memorizing and anticipation. Things like fight phases, spawning adds or game-changing effects happen on fixed schedule. If we want to succeed, we have to learn this schedule for every fight. This is easier than it sounds; for example, I'm sure you all know the Dread Guards fight in TFB, where we have to kill Heirad, Ciphas and Kel'sara. You must know what happens next and anticipate those events. Things like moving into better position, saving damage-increasing cooldowns or casting XS flyby must be done in anticipation of certain events. You must know the basic schedule of a fight, details will be announced by one of ops leaders on Mumble. For example, I might say "adds" just before dread guard soldiers spawn when we fight Kel'sara; but you must know by yourself what to do with those adds, and you have to be prepared: high on energy, high-damaging abilities off cooldown etc. This is really easier than it sounds; if you understand what each enemy and ability do exactly, you will have no trouble with being always prepared. To help with this, you can attend story mode operations, or watch videos of certain fights, youtube is full of them.

Second, raid is a group activity. Eight people take part in it; you are at least 1/8 responsible for our success... or failure. I can't imagine raiding without a desire to be better and better. You should strive to be the best member of the group. Having lowest damage, dying to stupid mistakes or missing important tactics will make you a liability to the team. You will be wasting 7 other peoples' time - you should want to avoid that, even without mine or Med's reprimands! To this end, there should be a friendly competition between all of us. As first step, if you are a DPS, check if your damage is on par with other guild members. Noone will kick or think badly of you if your damage is low but we will think badly of you if you don't want to improve! Do some parses according to Nom's instructions and post them in this thread.

Third, since it's a group activity, communication is ESSENTIAL. If you have ANY problem you can't immediately solve yourself, don't hestitate to tell us about it. Maybe you have lags, maybe you can't see a small add in the heat of battle, maybe your abilities are on cooldown when you need them, maybe you are sleepy and tired, maybe something is killing you and healers and tanks aren't doing anything about it - tell others about it, we might have some good advice for you, or we might work out a solution by switching roles a bit.

Don't worry if this all sounds too complicated or too hard. If for some reason you can't or don't want to do those things, your welcome to stay out of HM raids. You are not being forced to raid. It's better to let us know in advance than cause wipes and frustration in other party members. If time doesn't permit you to prepare for raids, we do understand that. However, if you have abundant time and want to roll with us, we expect nothing less of you than the three points above.

Take care and get ready for today's TFB HM :)

-Allucquere

Flaytiff
Flaytiff
Council member

It's good thoughts for everyone, especially new ones in the ops. Please read carefully this and do your best guys. Like Alluc said "This is really easier than it sounds". You will learn much more easily while you're doing it.

Anyways, i really wanna join you a.s.a.p guys. First, i have to handle it my comp's problem.

See you soon..

DirkVerbeek
Guildmaster

Nice post Alluc...you really know how to read me

Flay, hope to see you soon buddy, take care!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Usual Suspects Forum Index -> News All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Big Red Button
Guild Alliance
Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
Light & Dark Status
Guild Summary